Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Guess I got carried away...

Hi Everyone!

This is just a quick post to express my disappointment, yes, disappointment, with China Glaze and their most recent release of the Cirque Du Soleil collection. Most notably, the glitter bomb that is "Get Carried Away". I went to Sally's a few days ago with a christmas gift card my folks had given me and picked up a few polishes, "Get Carried Away" was one of them. It was to be my first actual "glitter polish", so I was pretty excited. Plus the fact that it had red, silver and black hexes as well as black bar glitter...oh yeah, a true glitter bomb.

Then came the disappointment. I carefully polished my nails with two coats of Nina Ultra Pro "burst my bubble" (a very light pink), then brushed a coat of "get carried away" over the top. grey/black tinted base. That was my first sad face. Streaky. Second sad face. Totally covered up the fact that I had light pink undies. Third sad face. I WANTED to like "get carried away", I really did. But I did not. 

Then I thought to myself, you know, if you brush the "get carried away" onto a sponge, then dab it onto your nails, maybe the sponge will absorb that icky tinted base and just transfer the glitter smorgasbord, letting the base color show thru. Sounded good in theory.....

However, the black and silver micro glitters in this polish totally dominate the bars and larger hex glitters, so it's really just a hot mess on my nails.

So, I give this particular polish a 1 out of 5 Crimson Stars, because....while the concept was awesome, the tinted base was a total bomb, and the micro glitters vs. larger hex and bar glitters weren't balanced out enough for me to actually enjoy this polish.

Do you have "get carried away" ? If so, what do you think of it?

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so feel free to comment on my posts! All I ask is please do not post/spam links advertising your own site. If you want to share your site with me, you can contact me at crimson_soulfire (at) hotmail (dot) com. Peace.