Wednesday, August 22, 2012

My first "Franken" ?

Hi everyone! If you're following me on Facebook then you may already know that last night I decided to make my own nail polish color, due to the fact that I don't have a light grey in my stash. I thought I did, but it's a silver. Bah. So anyway, I cleaned out a little 1/8 oz. bon-bons bottle with some acetone, then filled it back up most of the way with Revlon's White on white, then added about 3 drops of WnW Black creme and shook to mix it up. It turned out great! Just the right sort of light grey that I was wanting.

Now I know that some of you out there might think "that's not making a REAL franken..." and you may be right...but every franken maker had to start somewhere, right? :)

Here are the pics - sorry if the grey has a sort of blue-ish tint in the pics, blame it on my icky camera. It doesn't look blue in real life.



My only dilemma now is what to name it. So far I've come up with "Mourning Dove", "Steam", or "Greyscale". Do you have any suggestions?
Peace.

6 comments:

  1. How bout Grey Goose...i'm a lush, what can I say. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL love it hahahaha so far i have a couple of votes for mourning dove and a couple of votes for steam - i'm still undecided, but the first name i thought of was mourning dove (only because there is a pair of mourning doves that land in the tree outside my window each morning and coo to each other....quite loudly, i might add...)

      Delete
  2. BTW... I was getting ready t do the saaaaame thing, as soon as I get an emptie. I too need a light grey. I guess great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes GMTA :D Would love to see yours when you've done it

      Delete
  3. Of course it's a real franken :) mixing 2 or more colours to make a new colour, that's basically all frankening is. Such a gorgeous shade too. I prefer the lighter shades of gray. I love the name Mourning dove. What about Turtle Dove or Rain Dove? (which are just aka names for the mourning dove)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :D my first thought for the name was mourning dove, but i wanted to put it out there to see what other suggestions people had for the name :) Still leaning towards mourning dove, tho

      Delete

I love hearing from you, so feel free to comment on my posts! All I ask is please do not post/spam links advertising your own site. If you want to share your site with me, you can contact me at crimson_soulfire (at) hotmail (dot) com. Peace.