Wednesday, August 29, 2012

That's a wrap!

Hi everyone!

Earlier today a friend posted on my FB page suggesting that I do a saran wrap mani. I've seen this mani around before and have always wanted to try it. Some people call it a plastic wrap mani, or a cling film mani.

I've also seen two different ways to do it. The first way is to lay down your base color and let it dry, then choose the color you want over the top of it and do one layer of that on your nails (do this technique one nail at a time so the polish doesn't dry before you get to it with the saran wrap!).  Before it's dry, wad up a small piece of saran wrap and dab-dab-dab around over the still wet coat of polish. The wet polish will stick to the plastic wrap and be lifted off your nails.

The other way I've seen it done is to put a little puddle of the top color of polish onto a plate, lid, CD, whatever, and wadding up the saran wrap and dabbing it into the puddle of polish, then dabbing it onto your nails here and there.

I decided to put the layer of polish onto my nails then dab the saran wrap to remove the polish in places. This is two coats of China Glaze Lemon Fizz and one coat of China Glaze Secret Peri-Wink-Le.


It looks pretty cool, and it's SO easy to do. (Hey look, it's my right hand! ~gasp~ )
Have you ever tried this technique? What colors did you use?
Peace.

6 comments:

  1. That's cool! Reminds me of that "antique, distressed" look people work so hard to get on the shabby chic & country look furniture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, it does! I was staring at it trying to think just what it reminded me of, and you're right!

      Delete
  2. love it! I've had it on my list to try for ages but haven't gotten to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really liking the colors you chose! I have to try this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried it with what is currently on my nails. But it looked like poo so I stamped over it, which made it look even more like poo. Haha. Yours look good though. :) I like those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks fab! I love the colours you chose!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, so feel free to comment on my posts! All I ask is please do not post/spam links advertising your own site. If you want to share your site with me, you can contact me at crimson_soulfire (at) hotmail (dot) com. Peace.